Do You Know What Severe Conditions Means For Servicing Your Car ?
Sometimes driving conditions mean your vehicle may require additional servicing.
- Repeated short distance driving (eg. driving less than 8 kms per trip)
- Extreme heat (slow driving speeds and long idling periods lead to high under bonnet temperatures)
- Extreme Cold
- Extensive idling or long periods of stop start driving
- Towing a Trailer or Caravan, or driving in mountainous conditions
- Driving on Muddy or Dusty roads
Severe Conditions are not all that uncommon. Especially on our Heavily Congested Brisbane Road network. It is estimated that we operate our vehicles 80% of the time under one of the above "severe conditions" !
Look carefully at your owner's handbook. Manufacturers recommend more frequent oil changes, around 5000 km or 3 Months if the vehicle is used under "severe conditions", to prevent sludge forming.
Typical city use is one of the operating conditions defined as "severe". Severe conditions are not all that uncommon, especially on our heavily congested Brisbane Road Network. It has been estimated that we operate our vehicles 80% of the time under "severe conditions"
Changing oil regularly is an essential part of a vehicle's maintenance schedule.
Don't neglect your engine's health !